Call for proposals is now open and will close on August 1, 2014
There are three ways to propose a session:
- A proposal for a talk/panel during the conference part : these are 30 minutes slots that will have all people's full attention as everybody will be in that one room
- An Ignite talk that will be presented during the Ignite sessions: these are 5 minutes slots with slides changing every 15 seconds (20 slides total) also presented to all attendees in one room
- Openspace session : even without a prepared presentation we welcome the discussion and interaction by having people propose a session on the fly during the openspace opening. Please check the openspace format for more information
Click here for the form if you hate iframes =)
You can also: Send an email to [[email protected]
] with the following information:
- Proposal working title (can be changed later)
- Type (presentation, panel discussion, moderated general discussion, debate, etc.,ignite)
- Description or abstract
Our main criteria to make it to the top selection are:
- original content: content not yet presented at other conferences, or a new angle to an existing problem
- new presenters: people who are new to the space and have insightful stuff to tell, we want to hear everbody's voice
- no vendor pitches: as much as we value vendors and sponsors, we just don't think this is the right forum. There is a demo openspace slot where you have 5 minutes to show products.
Some suggestions to get you thinking:
- What is the role of QA/Tester in DevOps, how do we integrate QA in the continuous delivery process?
- The impact DevOps has on traditional security/auditing/change control
- How does DevOps co-exist with ITIL and Cobit?
- How about Release Management?
- What about configuration management and delivery in Mixed Unix AND Windows environments?
- Building dashboards because #monitoringsucks
- The impact of DevOps on HR policies and hiring process
- Help prove that DevOps can scale beyond the 5-8 person web startups, we love traditional IT enterprise cases
- With all the automation, data is still a hard thing to handle, how does it affect, DBA's, backup strategies, etc?
- How to involve the business in DevOps?
- How to get YOUR boss involved, how do you make the business case?
- And of course any other topic in the realm of DevOps
- Beyond Configuration Management, about challenges like orchestration, or doing things at large scale
- English is the main language of our event... and of the talks as well
- Be specific... we aren't mind readers (a description of about 20 lines is about right)
- Detail is good... but not as important as explaining why your proposal would be interesting
- Nominations welcome... if you know someone who has content/experience relevant to the DevOps conversation, please point us in their direction!
- Multiple proposals welcome... just follow the other rules