Getting to Pittsburgh
- Driving - Pittsburgh has its navigational challenges, but following signs for Oakland and University of Pittsburgh will put you in the right place.
- Flying - We recommend flying into PIT and taking a 28X Airport Express bus into Oakland. PAT bus fare is $3.75 for this trip. Some southeast origin cities might be cheaper to fly into LBE in Latrobe and rent a car for the ~70 minute drive to Pittsburgh.
- Train - Pittsburgh has an AMTRAK station downtown. Taking a 71 or 61 bus from 5th Ave, a short walk from the station, will get you into Oakland.
We have secured hotel rooms at:
- Residence Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center, 3896 Bigelow Boulevard, Pittsburgh, PA 15213. RESERVE by 7/22
- Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center, 3315 Hamlet Street, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 15213. RESERVE by 7/24 (Navigate to "Add
special rate codes" → "Group code" and enter "dv1")
We recommend using Uber or Lyft to travel to the William Pitt Union building at Pitt if staying at a hotel outside of walking distance.