Ready for more DevOpsDays?
Measuring and Optimizing Front-End Web Performance
Patrick Meenan, Software Engineer, Google (@patmeenan)
A quick tour through the tools, techniques and things to look out for in order to deliver a fast web experience. We will cover a broad range of topics including:
- Reporting the performance of users visiting your sites
- New browser primitives that provide incredible insight and diagnostics as well as upcoming specs to be aware of
- Testing for web performance
- Best practices around what to measure and how
- Practical hands-on examples with WebPageTest
- What it takes to deliver a visually fast experience
- Implications for mobile
- What changes with HTTP/2
- Third-Party code (Ads, Analytics, Social, etc)
Audio-only version is available in the DevOpsDays Podcast or as a direct download.