Ready for more DevOpsDays?
Single Source of Truth
Scribe: Lucas Yamanishi
* Many sources of truth can lie
* Some truths are inherantly distributed
* New sources of truth grow organicly
* Querying machines over and over can be wasteful
- Google Image Search can be useful for finding reference architecture diagrams
- Sometimes it's better to not track a truth than to track it in a central DB
- Audit logs! They record information as it happens, including changes. Query them for a snapshot of truth.
- Remove the human aspect
- Everybody in an organization should be able to update their portion of the data
- The "single source" needs to be modular
- Collins (from Tumblr)