Ready for more DevOpsDays?
Based from Exp and/while reading Lean Enterprise
Not in production = not valuable
whats the least to do to enable (product)
- Pivot Proposal
- 4-6wk discovery w/ small team
- no prod
- focus on uncerainties
- leave parts for req's undone (build go-kart, the frame around the engine and slap on wheels and get it going)
- build just enough to use and learn
- get real users ?? "testing" ??
- 1 samll, xfunct exploring team
- 2 runway = hypotheses vs reqs - Hypotheses are not requirements. The scientific method would have us define hypotheses to test. Defining "requirements" is non scientific.
- 3 principle of optionality - security wanted single sign on implementation first product for config of new req,
- feedback to team - this is what we need to get to work
- option not to do that
- customer was fantastic partner ( LOTTERY? Cash out?
- Real users early - feedback from users?
- freq proj checks
- unit test! and cont intgr8 early
- eye towards future staff
What didnt work
took customer while for customer to use app
not everyone on board with "optionality"
*Bottlenecks - short timeline , hosting env strangled project - result value stream mapping to help avoid this nexttime
Plea: Enable expermentation
"no one comes to work to fail 70% of the time"