- Proposal Deadline = 1th of June 2011 *
||Devopsdays is an open event for discussing all topics around improving the interaction between what is traditionally considered development activity and that which is traditionally considered operations activity.
As we put together an agenda, we are looking to *YOU* to help shape the event. The best way to ensure that you get the most out of this event is to make a proposal or suggestion about a topic in which you are interested!
There are three ways to propose a session:
- A proposal for a talk/panel during the conference part : there are 45 minutes slots that will have all people's full attention as everybody will be in that one room.
- An Ignite talk that will be presented during the Ignite sessions: these are 5 minutes slots with slides changing every 15 seconds (20 slides total) also presented to all attendees in one room
- Openspace session : even without a prepared presentation we welcome the discussion and interaction by having people propose a session on the fly during the openspace opening. Check the openspace format for more information
Some suggestions to get you thinking:
- Tools that enable Devops
- Culture changes that enable Devops
- Changing organizational structure to enable Devops
- Business impact of Devops
- Bridging Agile Development with operations
- Examples of Devops success (even if you didn't call it "Devops" at the time)
- Examples of failed Devops efforts (lessons learned)
- Why Devops will never work (brave contrarians with solid arguments/data are welcome!)
- And any other topic in the the realm of Devops
How to make a proposal: Send an email to [[email protected]] with the following information
- Proposal working title (can be changed later)
- Type (presentation, panel discussion, moderated general discussion, debate, etc.,ignite)
- Description or abstract
- Be specific... we aren't mind readers
- Detail is good... but not as important as explaining why your proposal would be interesting
- Nominations welcome... if you know someone who has content/experience relevant to the DevOps conversation, please point us in their direction!
- Multiple proposals welcome... just follow the other rules