How is ChatOps Formed?
Chatops, as defined by Webster's New World Dictionary, is doing your DevOps through chat. In this talk, you will learn the 2 Ws of Chatops: Why and How.
- It centralizes information in useful ways
- It democratizes DevOps, giving anyone the power and confidence to do your job for you
- It's way more fun than the terminal
- Use OSS Hubot and hubot-scripts (Thanks Github!)
- Write your own plugins for company-specific commands and metrics
- Start with the one thing that people bug you the most to do
- Then listen to your users, they'll tell you ("Wouldn't it be cool if the bot did X?")
- Refine the interactions to have a high signal-to-noise ratio
Hammer of Justice, Think Through Learning