The call for proposals is CLOSED
There are three ways to propose a session:
- A proposal for a talk/panel during the conference part : these are 45 minutes slots that will have all people's full attention as everybody will be in that one room.
- An Ignite talk that will be presented during the Ignite sessions: these are 5 minutes slots with slides changing every 15 seconds (20 slides total) also presented to all attendees in one room
- Openspace session : even without a prepared presentation we welcome the discussion and interaction by having people propose a session on the fly during the openspace opening. Check the openspace format for more information
The theme this year is all about 'inclusive':
- In the last two years we have had an emphasis on infrastructure as code, configuration management, continuous delivery monitoring, agile processes.
- While these are certainly still valid subjects, we greatly value new content, new speakers
- Especially content that explores the boundaries of devops. After all, we don't want to stay in our own little echo-chamber.
- Bonus value is given to real-life experiences especially if they contain the good, the bad and the ugly.
Some suggestions to get you thinking:
- What is the role of QA/Tester in devops, how do we integrate QA in the continuous delivery process
- The impact devops has on traditional security/auditing/change control
- How does devops co-exist with ITIL, Cobit
- What about configuration management and delivery in Mixed Unix AND Windows environments
- Using Monitoring, Metrics, Logs , Dashboard to radiate knowledge and use it as feedback in an organization
- The impact of devops on HR policies, and the hiring process
- Help prove that devops can scale beyond the 5-8 person web startups, we love traditional IT enterprise cases
- With all the automation, data is still a hard thing to handle, how does it affect, DBA's, backup strategies, ...
- How to involve the business in devops
- How to get YOUR boss involved, how do you make the business case
- And of course any other topic in the realm of Devops
- Beyond Configuration Management, about challenges like orchestration, or doing things at large scale
How to make a proposal: Send an email to [[email protected]] with the following information
- Proposal working title (can be changed later)
- Type (presentation, panel discussion, moderated general discussion, debate, etc.,ignite)
- Description or abstract
- Be specific... we aren't mind readers (a description of about 20 lines is about right)
- Detail is good... but not as important as explaining why your proposal would be interesting
- Nominations welcome... if you know someone who has content/experience relevant to the DevOps conversation, please point us in their direction!
- Multiple proposals welcome... just follow the other rules