Call for proposals is now Closed. Last date for CFP was 18 October 2013
You can read and comment on proposals submitted by others, here.
There are three ways to propose a session:
- A proposal for a talk/panel during the conference part : these are 30 minutes slots that will have all people's full attention as everybody will be in that one room.
- An Ignite talk that will be presented during the Ignite sessions: these are 5 minutes slots with slides changing every 15 seconds (20 slides total) also presented to all attendees in one room
- Openspace session : even without a prepared presentation we welcome the discussion and interaction by having people propose a session on the fly during the openspace opening. Check the openspace format for more information
Our main criteria to make it to the top selection are:
- original content: content not yet presented at other conferences, or a new angle to an existing problem
- new presenters: people who are new to the space and have insightful stuff to tell, we want to hear everbody's voice
- no vendor pitches: as much as we value vendors and sponsors, we just don't think this is the right forum. There is a demo openspace slot where you have 5 minutes to show products.
Some suggestions to get you thinking:
- What is the role of QA/Tester in devops, how do we integrate QA in the continuous delivery process
- The impact devops has on traditional security/auditing/change control
- How does devops co-exist with ITIL, Cobit
- How about release management ?
- What about configuration management and delivery in Mixed Unix AND Windows environments
- Building dashboards because #monitoringsucks
- The impact of devops on HR policies, and the hiring process
- Help prove that devops can scale beyond the 5-8 person web startups, we love traditional IT enterprise cases
- With all the automation, data is still a hard thing to handle, how does it affect, DBA's, backup strategies, ...
- How to involve the business in devops
- How to get YOUR boss involved, how do you make the business case
- And of course any other topic in the realm of Devops
- Beyond Configuration Management, about challenges like orchestration, or doing things at large scale
How to make a proposal: Send an email to [[email protected]
] with the following information
- Proposal working title (can be changed later)
- Type (presentation, panel discussion, moderated general discussion, debate, etc.,ignite)
- Description or abstract
- Submit it before the End Date, in this case i.e. By 18 October 2013
- Be specific... we aren't mind readers (a description of about 20 lines is about right)
- Detail is good... but not as important as explaining why your proposal would be interesting
- Nominations welcome... if you know someone who has content/experience relevant to the DevOps conversation, please point us in their direction!
- Multiple proposals welcome... just follow the other rules